Find inspirational art and essays that celebrate nature and art as the spiritual connection we all have in Naturally, She’s Dreaming, a new book by artist Susan Lukas. She plans to raise funds for the printing of 200 books on Kickstarter.com, a well-known crowd sourcing Web site. There are many crowd sourcing Web sites, but Kickstarter is the best known site for raising funds for various projects. Interested investors go to the site to pledge funds to the project in exchange for gifts related to the project.
The campaign runs for one month. If the campaign reaches its goal of $2,400, Susan will receive the money, and the gifts will ship in March. Those who pledge funds to help with the book will receive the following gifts:
- For your $10 donation – a shout out on her Facebook page, www.facebook.com/susanlukas.
- For your $25 donation – the signed book, Naturally, She’s Dreaming and FREE shipping in the US;
- For your $50 donation – the signed book, Naturally, She’s Dreaming and FREE shipping in the US and 2
- signed 5x7 prints from the book;
- For your $75 donation – the signed book, Naturally, She’s Dreaming - FREE Shipping in the US one signed, limited edition of 150, 8x10 print from the book matted to fit in an 11x14 frame
- For your $100 donation – the signed book, one signed, limited edition of 150, 8x10 print from the book matted to fit in an 11x14 frame; 2- signed 5x7 prints from the book
- plus FREE shipping in the US
- For your $125 donation - TWO signed books; one signed, limited edition of 150, 8x10 print from the book, matted to fit in an 11x14 frame, two 5x7 signed prints from the book
- FREE shipping in the US; $10 shipping to Canada; $15 shipping to the rest of the world
Go to www.susanlukas.com, click on the link to help her make her book a reality.
Susan Lukas has been a professional photographer and graphic designer since 1978. Her digital images evolved out of a combination of both disciplines and use her artistic sensibilities in a new medium. When she is at the computer she’s not always sure how an image will turn out. Like a jazz musician who improvises with music, she invents new images with her original photos and Photoshop. She likes the creative freedom that the computer has given her work. It's a tool that has provided her with challenges and pleasure as she pursues her artistic goals.
A Wisconsin native, Susan started exhibiting at art shows in Wisconsin and Illinois in 1988 and has won many awards for her work. Her most prestigious award is Grand Prize, 2008 Wisconsin Trails magazine photo contest for “Raindrops”. In 1998, she designed and successfully sold a poster called Wisconsin ABCs for the state's sesquicentennial celebration. It was also her 10th year exhibiting her work through Window to Wisconsin, her business.
Susan has taught photography to adults in metro Milwaukee since 2003: first at Oak Creek/Franklin Community Education for many years, then one on one to adults. She taught one semester at UW-Milwaukee’s Continuing Education program. She still teaches at various locations in the metro Milwaukee area.
A graduate of the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire with a degree in Journalism and almost a major in art, she has continued her studies with classes in desktop publishing and at various workshops. View her images on her Web site at www.susanlukas.com.